Porting to .Net 4.0

Jul 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Hi

The current release (0.1.1) is for .Net 3.5. I really want to use Guia on my VisualStudio 2010/.Net 4.0 project.

Any plans for upgrading?

I experimented with doing the upgrade myself. Downloaded the source, opened it in VisualStudio 2010 and changed runtime to .Net 4.0. Then I removed the references Microsoft.Contracts and WPFToolkit as those are included in .Net 4.0. Everything builds fine, but the unit tests fail. There seems to be some small differences between the WPFToolKit and the .Net 4.0 implementations of Calendar and DataGrid. The failing test have something to do with selection in those two controls. Anyone have any ideas about this?

/Johan

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Hello Johan

We are planning to migrate Guia to .Net 4.0. We are going to continue the support of .Net 3.5 in a seperate branch. But right now, we are not able to do further work on the project. I think, we can continue in September.

However you should be able to use Guia even with .Net 4.0. There are several components which differ a little bit in their behaviour. If you run all tests with .Net 4.0 you will see the affected controls. The most differences are things like indexers (0 based or not) etc. These are things you had to change in your project after the migration. We inted to provide a consistent behaviour of Guia with .Net 4 and .Net 3.5. after the migration.

Ghostinus

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Any updates on this? I've downloaded 0.1.1, upgraded it to .Net 4.0 and I've gotten most of what I need to work without any changes to Guia, but I can't manage to find any ComboBoxItems, or any other child-items of ComboBoxes... :S

Vidar